Saturday, June 18, 2016

Prayer for- the unborn, grandchildren, and children

      Lord Jesus it amazes me as a parent and grandparent to know that Thou art Omniscient and knows all about a child while in the mother’s womb and knows all the hopes, dreams, successes, failures, the beginning and the end. I am struck with awe and wonder when I pray for my children and grandchildren Your Word, “13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee”; Psa: 139:13-18.
     Like Abraham, I want to offer him/her to You because You have woven this child in the mother’s womb, fashioned individually and died for the sins and because of what You have done on the cross this child has a hope for tomorrow especially in this crooked world full of tribulations and trials. Now I am comforted that this child is in Your precious, safe arms form today and forever.
     Dear Father in heaven, I pray for any rebellious attitudes, defiance and disobedience to Your Word. When my child sin against me, give me grace to forgive and forsake any stubborn attitudes in me so that I leave completely the responsibility of judging him/her to You according to Your Word, “1Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?” Matt 7:1-4. I pray that You would break the stubborn obstinate spirit which could take root in our relationship, that would divide us, and build walls around us. Help us to understand Your dying love on the cross and may the Prince of peace bring a harmonious relationship in the strife that separates us.
    Lord according to Your Word,31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house”; Acts 16:31. I pray that my child will soon believe in the Name of Jesus Christ, through the wonder working power of the Holy Spirit and will be adopted into the house hold of God. Bring a heavy wave of conviction to him/her and that he/she will find no rest until he/she has given in to Your relentless love, unfailing love of dying on the cross for the sins of the whole world. May my child find the contentment, joy, and purpose and hope only in You and through You. Thank you God, for the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ Your Son.
    Dear Father, I am totally conflicted and burdened when this child goes to school away from the safety and security of home, where he/she could face countless challenges- emotional, mental, spiritual and sometimes even physical. Father I pray that You would guard and protect this child from all sorts of dangers, and give him/her a heart to abide in Your statutes and judgements according to Your written Word; “ 19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God”; Eze:11:19-20.
    Bless my child with sound mind, so that he/she can concentrate, listen to the instructions of the teachers, speak to all wisely with sound mind at a very young age. I pray in Jesus Name that he/she would have the wisdom of Solomon to discern the right from the wrong, the heart of David which pleases God, the deep perseverance of Joseph to climb high hills in impossible situations, and above all the mind of Christ to fulfill the Father’s will for Kingdom expansion in this earth in accordance to Your written Word; “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God”; Rom 12:2. May my child find favour in the sight of God and man in all circumstances and situations, and may the Spirit of God be his/her perfect Counselor from a very young age.
      Now that my child son/daughter is approaching the marriageable age, Father, today I pray and ask that You would provide the perfect match since You are, ‘Jehovah Jireh’. I pray and ask that You would lead my son/ daughter to a woman /man whose love for You is unmatched by their love for their future spouse, and whose desire is to dwell in Your presence. Let the woman who comes in my son’s life be the one who speaks with wisdom, and is full of trust, faith and loyalty based on Your written Word in Proverbs 31:10-31. Let her be faithful, truthful and a woman who does not deceive him, but thinks that marriage should be God honoring.
      Let the man who comes in my daughter’s life be the one who loves his wife just as he loves himself based on Your written Word, “28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:”Eph: 5:28-29. Let him be the man who will be her companion, and best friend, a man who would study God’s Word and live by it, a man who would be the best provider, a loving father, and a man who would nourishes and cherishes her.
     The Lord, Who formed the marriage covenant between the man and woman in the Garden of Eden, I pray according to Your Word, that their covenant of marriage is sacred and ordered by You;  “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder”; Mk:10:9. May their marriage relationship reflect the Holy relationship of Jesus Christ and His Bride, the Church. I pray and ask that You would guard the purity of their relationship, and may they flee from youthful lusts, and together pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace; “22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”2 Tim 2:22. 
     Lord I now pray for grace upon grace in the life of my children on any relationship issues. As children of the Most High God, help us to cherish in Your unfailing love, the work You have done on the cross, to let go of bitterness and anger, resentment and unforgiveness. Grant us mercy Oh God, so that we have calmness for anger and rage, victory over hatred, dying to selfishness, courage for fear, and freedom from rebellion. May we learn to obey Your Word, building faith and trust and learn not to worry and instead casting all anxieties at the foot of the cross.
        Father, I pray for my children and grandchildren simply because You love them and You love their simple innocent hearts. Since the world they face is not innocent, but impure, evil, full of lust with unholy motives, and danger lurks in the darkness I fear for their safety and I pray that You would be their shelter in times of trouble. I take comfort in Your Word, that You came to destroy the works of the devil, “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil;” 1 Jn 3:8. May You be their refuge, strength, and ever present help in times of trouble according to Your Word, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble;” Psa: 46:1.
     Strengthen this child, according to Your precious Word, and I pray that no evil shall befall this child, nor any plague come near this child according to Your Word, 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling; Psa:91:10. Sanctify this child, and set apart this child, as Holy Nation, and Royal priesthood, and appoint him/her over nations and Kingdoms to share the good news of salvation. Equip this child to uproot, tear down, destroy and overthrow what is not of You and build and plant what is of You for the good of people and for Kingdom expansion.
     Father God , our refuge and hope may You protect them just like You have kept Joseph safe in prison, baby Moses safe in the basket while floating in river Nile, David with Goliath the great enemy, and above all baby Jesus from Herod, to fulfill the Kingdom expansion plan. May they find strength, protection and comfort in You when they face peer pressure from friends, classmates, coworkers and sometimes from even teachers to conform to the world pattern. May they have the determination within them by the power of the Holy Spirit to desert the things of the devil, and hold firmly in their hearts the things of God. May Your will be done in the lives of these little ones whom You have given me to love, cherish, nourish, teach, and to above all to pray for them.
     As I continue to pray for those whom You have entrusted to me, give me grace to comprehend the mysteries, the love and the wisdom of God as written, “18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end”. Amen.


Dr. Elizabeth Thambiraj

No comments:

Post a Comment